Currently available job postings:
One of the most important tasks for a governing board is to secure a key leader who is both capable of building a positive future for an organization and fostering in others a spirit of shared commitment to success. In the case of a school district, nothing may be more critical to the role of the School Board than selecting a great superintendent. The partners and associates of PEER Solutions, individually and collectively, have been involved in Executive Search more than three dozen times for school districts, nonprofits, and municipalities of varied sizes in the last six years.
Our team is exclusively comprised of former organizational leaders who have had significant, positive experience in the school, nonprofit, government, and private sectors. We understand the critical elements of leadership necessary to move organizations forward and will strive to discern your organization’s strengths and needs through extensive work with key stakeholders and members of the governing board. Our recruitment and interview process will be aligned with our understanding of your organization and will result in well-vetted, highly-qualified candidates from which your selection of a new leader can be made. Our search area generally includes the Eastern Dakotas, all of Minnesota, and Western Wisconsin. We will deliver these Executive Search services in a tightly time-bound, well-organized, and competitively-priced fashion.
Our Executive Search process includes:
- An introductory meeting will be held with the governing board to develop a timeline for the search and to familiarize governing board members with the process.
- We will design a posting notice and advertise it utilizing web resources across the upper Midwest. In the case of school districts, Minnesota and Wisconsin school leaders in particular will be targeted.
- We will work directly with the organization to conduct board and other stakeholder interviews and facilitate focus group sessions in the organization, as applicable, with community members to gather important search information. A profile of the ideal candidate will then be developed from this research.
- We will consult with the governing board to develop a range for a compensation package that is in accordance with the market for that organization.
- All candidate applications will be reviewed and promising candidates who fit the profile will be vetted by PEER Solutions. We will then meet with a committee designated by the governing board to make a final selection of candidates to be interviewed.
- We will organize and facilitate an interview process and be on-site to manage the interview sessions. As applicable, we will work with stakeholder groups that the governing board chooses to be included in the process. In addition, we will assist the governing board with its final interviews and selection.
We will facilitate the extension of a contract offer to the chosen candidate. As an added service, we can negotiate the terms of that offer on behalf of the organization.
To speak directly with a search consultant, call Greg Vandal at 320-247-3739 or Charlie Kyte at 651-247-6505.
Click here to connect with a search consultant and/or to seek a proposal for Executive Search services.